Re: GNOME Session crashes after less then 10 seconds

On 21/01/2008, ghostdog <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello alltogether,
>
> i just upgraded my FC7 to F8 with yum. All works fine and looks nice.
> after this, i removed using yum several new programs,

"yum remove ..."? Big mistake. It has burnt other people before you.
:) It is known to remove as many package as necessary to uninstall
something without creating any unresolved dependencies. So far, so
good. But for some things that is still too much and damages your
installation, because not everything is hardwired in form of package
dependencies. Packages you've erased may be required for your desktop
to not malfunction. Save a copy of /var/log/yum.conf and try to
reinstall some of the packages listed as "Erased". It might help to
post that list.