Re: X-apps UI font is too big after installing FC8

Henrik Frisk wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I've been there but as far as I can tell, this
> affects the font size of the Desktop UI . My issue is only with some
> applications.  I'm not a GUI wizard, but I think that applications
> that use its own, or gnome's GUI widgets for dialogs etc look good,
> whereas apps that rely on xorg have to large font sizes (tab
> description overflow the size of the tab etc.). I may be completely
> wrong about this though. Bottom line is ooffice and firefox looks
> good, gv looks bad (actually, not bad, just big). The emacs UI I
> resolved by setting the default font to the terminus font but I have
> to have to do that for all apps for which this is an issue.

Ahh, ok.  Perhaps it's just a matter of installing xorg-x11-xfs and
having that run?  I believe that it was disabled by default in F8.  I
haven't used any apps that still use the ancient X font setup instead
of fontconfig though, so I don't really know what the best solution
for making fonts work for those apps is these days.

Disobedience:  The silver lining to the cloud of servitude.
    -- Ambrose Bierce