Re: X.org Keeps Dying Out Of The Blue

Jim Cornette wrote:
Probably testing with the vesa driver for awhile to see if the failure occurs or with the ati binary drivers from one of the various repos that package them in rpm form are good testing options.

I did find a direct hit for the keyboard error on a gentoo list but was unable to translate it since Polish was not one of the choices. The server did appear to finish up with that message though.

Jim

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-639746.html?sid=736a8d4abc3a0dddd571722c07d88d9d

It still might be the mouse, then. I use a Logitech Cordless MX Duo, through the USB port, and both devices pass info that way. My keyboard works 100%, but my mouse has been acting oddly lately, and I do know that the black screen usually occurs when I'm clicking on something. The problem I was having with the mouse was related to clicking; sometimes, the system acts like I was hammering on the button over and over again, registering multiple clicks when I only performed one...