Re: Where to get Fedora 8 CDs

On Jan 20, 2008 8:51 AM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 20 January 2008 02:56, Kam Leo wrote:
> 2008/1/19 vamythguy <vamythguy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I'm having the same issue - is it not possible to boot from the DVD?
>
> The F8 DVD is bootable. The drive on your system might not be able to
> read the medium that you are using. If the medium you used is DVD-R or
> DVD+RW switch to DVD+R.

There is another possibility. Your drive may be of the kind that does read the
dvd media, but *does not* boot from it. The easiest way out of this situation
is to burn a rescue cd, start the installation, and then choose the option to
install from dvd. The installer will then ask you to put the F8 dvd in the
drive, and read it no problem, once it is already booted.

Best, :-)
Marko

--

I'll probably have to go this route.  It's a DVD+R iso burned using Roxio that I can read just fine if I boot into linux from some other CD.