Re: Is FC8 stable enough for what I am doing...

Chuck wrote:
I am mainly using FC8 as a LAMP development platform and also a
subversion repository.

Mainly these packages are being used:
db-4x
mysql 5.x
perl
apache 2.2 (custom rolled)
PHP 5.x (custom rolled)
libneon
apr (custom rolled)
apr-util (custom rolled)
autoconf
libtool
sqlite (custom rolled)
openssl (custom rolled)

Based on these packages can I rely on FC8 as a platform? I was using
RHEL5 but not having updates was getting frustrating and paying a
subscription fee for bug fixes doesn't sit well with me.
Use CentOS if you don't like to pay for a rhel subscription fee.
The lifespan of Fedora is really too short for server needs.
What updates were you not having that were frustrating? RHEL/CentOS are not going to have the bleeding edge updates because those have a higher chance of breaking things.