Re: Linux Friendly Hardware Database ??

John Summerfield wrote:

That might be, but my 16x CD burner was happy with 52x media.

I've never experience a problem burning CDs either.
Just the 16X DVD's (The 50 pack thing I bought is TDK - I then bought a single 16X Phillips and a single 16X some brand I had never heard of - same issue)

The burner is an 8X but Linux only ever did 4X even when requesting 8X. 4x was (and still is) fine for me.
It's a Sony DRU710A.

I think I may go SATA burner just to get rid of the darned ribbon cable in the case, it's my last ATA device in that box.