Re: Does NetworkManager Work with WPA in Fedora 8?

On 17/01/2008, Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 11:24 +0000, Ian Malone wrote:
> > (I did open the network properties and check the new option allowing
> > NM to manage the connection for the ethernet interface.)
> >

> Where does one "open the network properties"? I've been looking for
> config files but I haven't found anything that I could understand. There
> is nothing under /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d. There were xml files
> in .gconf but I couldn't recognize much.

System|Administration|Network a.k.a. /usr/bin/system-config-network
Devices tab, select the appropriate device, click edit.  The devices
properties typically affect /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.  I see that
the NM check-box corresponds to a new variable in ifcfg-xxxx:
NM_CONTROLLED.

--
imalone