Re: play videos on smb server with mplayer

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 12:05:41AM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> > <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Okay.  So, how do I check what protocols have been compiled into
> > > mplayer (I didn't build it - just installed it from livna)?

[snip]

> or read config.h

That won't help if they didn't build it, as they may not have the source
for that build.

You could try to find the source RPM for the livna package and either
inspect the spec file and the patches, or re-build it and then check the
config.h file that resulted.

Of course, by that point you might as well just work out how to enable the
bits you need and then rebuild it with those bits in place.  :-)  You may
have issues the next time the package is updated in livna and replaces
your custom build, though...

Regards, Msquared...