Re: Updates

Karl Larsen wrote:
max wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Ed Greshko wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
All this is now of no sense. I have booted F7 which is being updated as I type, and seems to have none of the Pulseaudio problems. I give up with F8 and think the repo's have a problem since I can find nothing on my F8. So rather than hit my head on a hard rock I come back to a version that just works.

Use some logical deduction and common sense.

If the repos have a problem, and everyone uses the same repos, then everyone would have the same problems.

Since everyone doesn't have the problems the fault lies not with the repos but elsewhere.

Good argument IF others have had no problem. It appears all I can do since MY F8 is broken I need to reload it again. Does that make sense to you?

Not if you want to learn anything. That reload mentality teaches you nothing. Now if its a critical server or something and time is of the essence then by all means blow the harddrive away and reinstall but if its just a question of a slight inconvenience to you then I'd try and fix it.

-Max

It is a MAJOR problem. I can't load VLC and I might as well go to Windows if that is not working. Look back today and you will see the problem. Yum is updating files NOT on my F8!!!!

   Can't yum vlc at all.

Karl

I think with that attitude you are doomed to failure. Too many years of doing things that don't make alot of sense under Windows. Someone once warned me, "Do not make the mistake of treating Linux like Windows. They are only superficially similar, and not even that much when you get down to it". If you decide to go back to windows then i would suggest staying there.

-Max