Re: VDQ : Triple Boot Advice?

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 07:51:58 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:

> Beartooth Testbedder wrote:
>> Let me set up a Very Dumb Question (VDQ). My apologies in advance for
>> repeating much of this to those who have been of such vast help getting
>> me this far. (Followup to: is set as gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general)
>
> No question is dumb, but I wouldn't say the same about someone who
> crossposts to billio _and_ follows up to a news group. Or says he did.

	What is "billio"? I have no idea whatever what you might mean by
it -- unless it makes some sense to you to say "bilious" in such a
context.

	I follow this list (what I can of it) and several others on
Gmane, using Pan and news.gmane.org.

	My question was (and remains) about triple booting Fedora,
CentOS, and Ubuntu; so I posted it to those three of Gmane's lists --
only the .general ones. Total, three.

	It has long been common practice -- one which Pan actually
enforces, in fact -- in such cases to point out on which list a/o group
anyone interested in the topic will have the easiest time finding more.

> I'm getting a little tired too, of people who are too ashamed of their
> own name to use it.

	That is a false, unwarranted assumption. Shame has nothing to do
with it.

	If you have a problem with Net handles, that is your misfortune,
and none of my own. It's also very surprising -- you've been online more
than long enough to get used to them, unless there are now two people
using the name "John Summerfield" (as could easily be the case, of
course). Nor is self-righteous pecksniffery relevant to this list.

> In the event that "Beartooth Testbedder" really is your given name, then
> this last comment obviously doesn't apply to you, but there are others!

	"Beartooth" is the Net handle I've been using for years, for
reasons that seem to me both excellent and irrelevant to this list, and
the one by which I am known and welcome in many places. It is mine now,
and will remain; you are welcome to killfile it.

	"Testbedder" tells me the post is one I originally sent from that
machine -- which, until recently, had only a very old version of Pan --
and does neither you nor anyone else any harm, while being useful to me.

Fedora 8; Alpine 1.0, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.20, Opera 9.24, Firefox 2.0