How to mount a SAMBA directory at boot with FC8?

I have read a bunch of stuff on how to do this but the exact steps are unclear. Some articles say to use the "mount -t smbfs -o username=username //winclient/blahblah /mnt/winclient-blahblah", some say to use "smbmount" and some say not to use cifs (mount -t cifs -o username=netuser,password=hiddenword //windowsmachine/origin /home/username/destination). Which one is the best?

Then there is the while issue of the fstab thing.

What I want to do is mount a directory on a windows machine at boot time (I.E> when the Linux machine boots). I want all users to be able to have the local directory \images be re-routed to a directory on a windows machine. I see some of the commands but each has the mount command that shows the password to get to the windows machine. Is there any way to get the password from a file so that all users of the Linux machine can't see the password?

Thanks!

Arch