Re: LiveCD with KDE-4.0.0 anyone any luck?

Dave Stevens wrote:
On Friday 11 January 2008 06:53:53 pm Joshua Andrews wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Sebastian
I got the iso and burned it on several different media but I always get
and error--something to do with isolinux. I just wonder if it is because
of my old hardware Compaq workstation 790- dual P 3 xeon, ATI 9600xt AIW.

Has anyone had good luck booting this?

I haven't even been able to connect to the website again for the sha1sum.

Thanks,
- Joshua

I have downloaded and burned it ok and it booted and ran fine. I always suspect dirt in the optical drive first. Has it been cleaned recently? or ever?

Dave

Thanks

It is not a dust problem the system boots other CD's fine.

I suspect it involves the SCSI and IDE drive mix the system has; SCSI 160 controller with one drive and an ATA100 with 2 drives plus the CD and DVD drives. It boots from the DVD or SCSI drive.

Here is the message from isolinux:

isolinux: Disk Error 66, ax = 4280, drive 9F.

- Joshua