yum and dictionary questions

Greetings;

F8 continues to confound me.  Up till a reboot for unrelated reasons day
before yesterday, I had dictionary showing on the kicker panel just to the
left of the pager, showing only its entry text box.  But somewhere that
disappeared.  I have added kdict back to the panel, but only as an icon with
a magnifying glass to exec it, so its not quite as handy as before where all
I had to do was click on its text entry box in the panel left of the pager
and start typing.  When enter was hit, it then opened the regular
gnome-dictionary window to show you the answer(s).

Can anyone recall how that was done before F8?

Also, somewhere in the kdepim and kdepim-libs tomfoolery, k3b totally
disappeared and I had to reinstall it.

Also, nothing seems able to be put in the tray dock, kmix used to live there
along with several other apps, but now only the clipboard can be seen living
there.  This was working correctly before the last kdepim & kdepim-lib update
fiasco.

Today, I went to run yumex, but it complained another copy was running.  There
wasn't.  I rebooted, same problem.  Finally I deleted /var/run/yum.pid and it
runs.  But it has now been through the mirror list looking for an updates:

failure: repodata/comps-f8.xml from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.

filelist with a good checksum for the 3rd time.  How long will it take to get
all this synched again?

And amazingly, that error message was copy/pasted from the yum error window.
No idea how long that has been working but thank you very much, Seth &
company!

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)