Re: Missing the separate debug info file: ...

> Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > In debugging audacity with gdb I get a very large number of errors like
> > the following.
> >
> > I guess that this means that in addition to the package mumble.rpm, the
> > package mumble-debug.rpm also needs to be installed.  Is this correct?
> >
> > If so, how can I find out which the package is that needs to be loaded?
> >

> # yum install yum-utils
> # debuginfo-install audacity

A very promising plan with only one possible problem.  I built the
version of audacity I want to debug from source; it's version
1.3.4-beta, while the Fedora version is version 1.3.2.  I suppose that
doing what you propose for the Fedora package of 1.3.2 will bring in the
debug packages required.  But what if it doesn't?

I have just downloaded yum-utils, and didn't find much
documentation.  Is there any info about debuginfo-install
beyond /usr/bin/debuginfo-install itself?

BTW: All the yum-utils are in /usr/bin , which is pretty full already.
Is this a good place for them?  /usr/lib/yum might be much better.

Thanks - jon

Thanks - jon