Re: Handy pocket reference? To: For users of Fedora

Re: Handy pocket reference? To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <1200093689.16823.5.camel@brians-laptop> Content-Type: text/plain On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 18:02 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > Sitting at my misconfigured system today trying to remember
> > the "remount" option to mount so I could remount root as read/write
> > and fix the fstab, it occured to me that the world could really
> > use a small pocket reference guide with all the tidbits of
> > information you need to know to get your computer back to the
> > point where you can do google searches to find the rest of what you
> > meed to know  :-) .
> >
> > Anyone know if such a thing exists?

In order to get back up and running, I rely on a business-card sized CD, with Rescue is Possible. It runs from the CD and mounts your entire messed up drive, on /mnt so you can fix it. And if I cannot remember 'what', I can look it up, because, without google linux is impossible...as someone said..

BTW, I have at least 3 of those CD's...one at home, one at work, and one in my briefcase, next to where the laptop rides...

Geoff