Re: rdesktop and Vista -- no fun

Steven Stern wrote:

Has anyone been able to connect to Vista machine with rdesktop?  I just
installed a Vista machine at work and I'm unable to access it from home
with rdesktop.  I've found a few suggestions and modified to source code
for version 1.5 per
http://blog.beuchelt.org/CommentView,guid,2e8c092f-da8b-4321-a43a-96c8ddb25908.aspx,
but with no good results.

Suggestions (other than "Hey, don't use Vista") are welcome.

I know for a fact that Fedora's rdesktop doesn't work with Windows Server 2008 (based on Vista codebase). Apparently Microsoft changed the protocol.

Moreover most of the VNC servers don't work either because of the different security model in Vista. The only remote access I could arrange was using UltraVNC server, which seems to be the only VNC server that has been modified for the new security model.

http://www.uvnc.com/vista/

Rich.