Re: firefox on f8 refuses to download google earth

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i apologize profusely for what is more a firefox question than a
> fedora question, but i'm stumped here.  on my current (up to date)
> 32-bit f8 system on my gateway laptop, i went here:
>
>   http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html
>
> to download google earth, got the license text, pressed "Agree and
> Download" and ... nothing.  no dialog box about Save or Open, no
> switching URL, no response at all.   press, press, press ... nothing,
> nothing, nothing.
>
>   i tried the same thing on another laptop running 64-bit f8, and
> everything worked fine -- when i selected "Agree and Download",
> firefox switched to the page
>
>   http://earth.google.com/tour/thanks-linux4.html
>
> and asked where i wanted the download, etc.  downloaded, installed,
> ran ... all good.
>
>   i can only imagine that there's some config setting in that first
> firefox that's mucking things up but, for the life of me, i don't see
> what it is.  i've compared the two FF configs side by side, popup
> windows appear to be allowed, cookies from google allowed, etc, etc.
>
>   help?  i figure that, if i answer three questions on this ML, i get
> to ask a really dumb one in exchange.

duh.  never mind.  brought up the firefox error console, and noticed
that "urchinTracker" was not being found, which was because i had
somehow added google-analytics urchin.js to my adblock list.

carry on.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA