Re: Problem with Kmail filters

On Thursday 10 January 2008 14:28:46 Gene Heskett wrote:

> >OK I downgraded kdepim to kdepim-3.5.8-4.svn20071013.ent.fc8 from the
> >releases/8  directory using a combination of rpm/yum and now the filters
> > are working again.
> >
> >Thanks to all who replied.
> >
> >Tony
>
> Can you recall how you did it?  smart-gui and yumex/rpm both refuse to do
> it here.

I used yum to remove the existing kdepim.

     yum remove kdepim\*

It removed kdepim plus a few other packages. Make a note of what was removed
in case you have to install them later.

Then I installed from the Fedora repo. This is the Fedora 8 release repo.

    yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=fedora install kde\*

This should install all the removed rpms.

Then I did an update with kdepim excluded ;-)

    yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=updates --exclude=kdepim\* update kde\*

Then I stopped automatic updates so that kdepim would not be updated again.

Hope this helps.

Tony