Re: Upgrade from FC 7 to FC 8

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 13:08 -0700, James Gallagher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade from FC 7 to FC 8 and (while the previous
> updates have all gone smoothly) this just hangs. The update gets to
> the point where it says it's looking at the dependency issues and and
> the progress bar gets about 1/3 of the way across the dialog box and
> just stops. I let it sit for about three hours with no signs of life.
>
> Any clue about a likely problem? Ways around this _besides_ doing a
> fresh install?
>
> Thanks
> James
>
> --
> James Gallagher
> jgallagher at opendap.org
> 406.723.8663

I have installed it on two machines.  It did the same thing both times.
However running the disk check when prompted during the install first
seemed to eliminate the stall... No disk errors, but after running the
check both times it installed.  I don't know if my dvd readers have a
bug of some kind or what, but two for two that is how it worked.  I
didn't think anything of it at the time, because it sometimes happens
with various dvd's I have run into.  Sometimes I just wash them off with
a cloth dampened with soapy dishwater and buff them off to clear them
up.

Regards,
Les H

Regards,