Re: Nagios yum install

Here on my system (Fedora 7) it works just fine to install nagios from
rpms and configure it. Sure, it may have slightly different directory
names, but I actually think they are easier this way, and compliant
with the Linux filesystem standards.
Besides, the fedora rpms provide automatic integration in your
webserver, so you can skip that whole part of the nagios setup, and the
various commands nagios has to run to monitor various services, already
have all the setup and pathnames that make sense in Fedora.

<offtopic>
which reminds me of a Debian horror story. Just because nagios has a
plugin to monitor samba, snmp and various other services, all of these
were pulled in as dependencies. Not exactly what I intended...
</offtopic>

David Jansen