Re: new wrt54g user questions

On Jan 8, 2008 11:33 AM, Tom Poe <tompoe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have the following:
> internet -> dsl modem -> wrt54g -> hub -> 2 desktops

Why is the hub necessary? The WRT54G is a router,  a DHCP server and a
switch. Just connect your two desktops to the  WRT54G.

> Now, I want to create internal network.  Is it just a matter of changing
> the desktop that represents the internal network to a different subnetwork?
> dsl modem = 192.168.0.1

The modem does not have an address.

> wrt54g = 192.168.0.1??

If that is default setting from the manufacturer. Check the
documentation that came on the CD for your device.

> desktop 1 = 192.168.0.2
> desktop 2 = 192.168.0.3

If you set up your desktops to use DHCP the addresses will be
automatically assigned. You can also manually set up the IP for each
desktop and not use the DHCP server capabilities of your router.

> What is the command that will list all the devices on the network?  I
> don't see anything called networkmanager.  Any help appreciated.
> Tom

You do not use networkmanager. Use your browser and go to
http://l192.168.0.1 (address depends on factory setting. Check
documentation.) and log in.