Re: About rpm --querytags option

On 07/01/2008, jeanpca@xxxxxxx <jeanpca@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Hello
>
>    I use the rpm command to manipulate rpm file and to identify them,
>  by name, by version, by release, by arch..
>
>    I am in trouble with the tags SOURCE and SOURCERPM wich are listed
>  by the rpm command when I type : rpm --querytags
>
>    I read
> http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ch-queryformat-tags.html  but
>  didn't find answer to my question :
>
>    when I type:  rpm -qp --qf "%{source}\n"
>  /tmp/my_binary_rpm.i386.rpm
>
>    I can see : (none)

The query is bad. %{source} is an array and holds the values of the
src.rpm spec file's primary SourceX tags. Use query "[%{source} ]"
instead to retrieve all values.

>    and when I type : rpm -qp --qf "%{sourcerpm}\n"
>  /tmp/my_binary_rpm.i386.rpm
>
>    I can see the name of the source which has been used to produce
>  this binary rpm
>
>    so when I see "(none)", is it sufficient to say that the rpm file
>  is a binary rpm ?

I don't understand why you want to mix the two values. A binary rpm
that was built from a source rpm returns a value in %{sourcerpm}. A
source rpm returns "(none)" in %{sourcerpm} because it is built from a
spec file, not from a src.rpm.