Unable to mount media unless root.

Hi...

Ever since moving from Fedora 6 to Fedora 7 I have been unable to mount media unless I login as root.  It is getting very frustrating.

I have spent a lot of time searching the web.  Most advice found recommends adding a lines to /etc/fstab.  I believe this is based on linux distributions that do not auto mount media such as flash drives.  I think Fedora has been auto mounting media for the last server versions.

The closest I have come to a solution is this thread:
http://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=48580&forum=11 [1]
...as this thread is off that Fedora forum's topic I decided to start a new thread here.

Disabling SeLinux apparently worked for some people, but not for my Fedora 7 system.  Besides, I turned SeLinux off a long time ago.

As near as I can tell, the ConsoleKit is part of the problem.  There are time I can not stop the service using system-config-services.

Symptoms:
Inserting Compact Flash card while logged in as a user results in pop up:
"Connot mount volume. Error org.freedesktop.Hal.PermissionDenied. Details Permission denied: Not in active session"

Inserting Compact Flash card while logged in as root mounts Compact Flash card as expected.

System:
Linux cpusname 2.6.23.8-34.fc7 #1 SMP Thu Nov 22 23:05:33 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
ConsoleKit-0.2.1-2.fc7
ConsoleKit-libs-0.2.1-2.fc7
ConsoleKit-x11-0.2.1-2.fc7
hal-info-20070516-2.fc7