Re: prevent yum deleting downloaded updates

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 13:26 -0500, David Boles wrote:
> I have to ask you Nigel. Why would you want to keep more that two
> kernels when you have the one that is currently running and the
> previous one that was running when the current one was installed?

You mightn't notice that a kernel has *some* problems for a while, if
you don't use all the features all the time.  Later on, when you have
some problem, it can be handy to have more than one alternative to test
with.

Occasionally there'll be a very quick release of a kernel update shortly
after another kernel update.  That could end up deleting the only good
kernel.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.