Re: Did I find a jigdo problem

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
I have fedora x64 installed, and a November 2rd dvd for I386
platform.

I did the followingL

a) Put the i386 DVD in the cd reader. It is the only file situated
within /media
Do you want jigdo to build an fedora 8 x86_64 dvd iso from the i386 dvd iso ?

I copied and pasted the jigdo line from the cookbook site.
Nice to give the actual link ;)

Jigdo told me that it needed to replace 400 files in order to create
the target ISO.
I would have thought it would need more than that, because there is a lot of differences between i386 and x86_64.

{Fedora-8-i386-DVD.iso has 1983 files in Packages and 2045 in repoview, and there is not that many .noarch. and i386 packages on the x86_64}

I have decided that since after 4 hrs of high speed (700kb/sec)
download speed with no indication of what was left to do I cancelled
Jigdo.
That could total up to 700kb * 60 * 60 * 4 /8 Bytes = 1.26GBytes.

I did not know of any restart capability with jigdo. It reqiires it.
I recently used pyjido to build a F8-i386-DVD-unity iso from F8-i386 and yum updates folder. It took about 2 hours of downloading; this could have been faster if I adjusted the fedora mirrorlists in the jigdo file to point to my ISPs fedora mirror.

With pyjigdo {which requires jigdo} you can definitely stop the process and then restart it - though I did have to enter all the values again. The work in progress was under /var/cache/jigdo {from memory}. In fact I adjusted the jigdo save cache directory to a partition with enough space, moved the cache folder, and restarted pyjigdo.

DaveT.