Re: Migration from RHEL WS 5 to Fedora

Peter Boy wrote:
Recently we had a thread about experiences with migration from Fedora to
RHEL WS or CentOS / Scientific Linux.

I would like to move the other way. Since an upgrade from RHEL WS 4 to 5
the machines continously freeze two times a day or more, even when idle,
applications are crashing (esp. Evolution). It's no joy. I couldn't find
anything specific which could cause the crashes.

Question: Has someone done it and might share his / her experience?

Centos 5 has been very stable for me across a variety of machines, but I always do a clean install and copy back any local data (or mount it back if it was on different partitions). If you did an upgrade you may have something left from the old version that shouldn't be there.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx