Re: java again really

Peter Boy wrote:
Am Freitag, den 04.01.2008, 20:41 -0600 schrieb Les Mikesell:
Do you mean there is a java-sun-compat package included in the fedora
repository or some part of the jpackage repository that is documented as
working with F7 and F8?

Fedora never included a java-sun-compat package but a jpackage-util
which installs a basic infrastructure for java according to the
jpackage.org specification. It is (and was since Fedora 1) up to the user or sysadmin to decide, - either to download java-1.x.x-sun-compat-1.x.x.y-zjpp.i[nnn}.rpm from jpackage.org and the Sun java rpm from Sun and install both
- or to download java-1.x.x-sun-1.x.x.y-zjpp.nosrc.rpm and the shell
script based Sun Java distribution from Sun, build their own rpm and
install that.
This principle was introduced with Red Hat Linux 8 or 9, had been taken
over into Fedora and has been continuously improved over the various
Fedora versions (e.g. introducing a yum repository as part of
jpackage.org).
So your information in your posting I refer to, as well as in several of
your previous postings is simply wrong and continually spreading out
wrong information is rather awkward.

Peter

download
--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

OK. I am confused. You say there is now ready to yum a jpackage for F8 that has the infrastructer for using the d/l Sun java. This is what I decided was needed. So please if you can give us the way to yum this file(s).

   I hope it is not the same files F8 comes with :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User