Re: Running remote GNOME session

lpoulsen wrote:
I have a shiny new Fedora 8 system with GNOME.
When I log in locally, everything is nice.

Now I am trying to login from my Windows XP desktop,
where I have PUTTY (ssh) and MicroImages X server
installed.

I can login with ssh, and set the DISPLAY variable.
xclock comes up just fine on my X server. But when
I type "gnome-session" into my ssh-provided
bash session, a red rectangle flashes for an
instant on my X display, then I get this message
on the bash session:

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'gnome-session' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 296 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0)
aborting...
Aborted

Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

1. use vnc.
2. I actually prefer to do it the other way, login to Linux then rdesktop (tslcient is a wrapper for rdesktop) to the dosbox. I maintain Windows Server 2003 this way.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait