Re: MP3 Players

--- Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mr.Scrooge wrote:
> > I don't know why i didn't start here to begin with! Anyway I am
> > looking for an MP3 Player that just works with Fedora 8. Any
> > recommendations besides the older IPODS?The newer IPODS are a pain
> > in the ass, this I know by experience
>
> FWIW, new ipods should be supported and just work if you install the
> libgpod updates in updates-testing.  After a few more days, those will
> be pushed to the stable updates for F7 and F8.  If you have a newer
> ipod, give a try with:
>
> yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update libgpod
>
> >, besides which i object to apple on principle! They do not
> > make an ITunes for Linux? Why?
>
> If you object to Apple on principle, why would you care if they made
> an iTunes for Linux?  I'm much happier using gtkpod (or amarok or
> rhythmbox, or some home brewed python scripts using python-gpod) than
> I ever would be using iTunes. :)

My objection stems from the fact that someone buys a cool piece of hardware and expects that they
will be able to use it, that it belongs to them. Now if your going to try to force me to use your
software then at least make it available to everyone, it just seems like they are also trying to
dictate what OS to use. It may be petty of me to raise such a point but i am only human. Anyway
thanks for the info about the newer ipods. I am trying to set one up for a family member on F8 and
wasn't having much luck, even with the new libgpod but i was pretty sure it was me that was
missing something and i didn't know what. I appreciate the pointer whether it works for me or
not!!

-Max

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs