Re: Java Solution

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 15:26 -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Compare Java to COBOL
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/12/28/52FE-underreported-java_1.html

That article, and other messages in this thread, are certainly right
that it's confusing when there's a plethora of *different* Javas around,
of which you need the right one, and they're not all completely
compatible with each other.

Sun could definitely improve their website.  Users get stuck with a
generic "install Java" or install the "Java plugin" instruction
somewhere, but when they go the Java/Sun website, there's nothing that
is obviously exactly what they need.  And depending how you arrived at
their website, you get more and more confusing pages.  The hapless
user's got to figure out if its JRE, J2SE, or something else with yet
another name, that they really needed to get.  Never mind actually
getting it to work, post-installation.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.