Re: Openvpn Fedora tutorial?

John Summerfield wrote:

>> Is there a good tutorial for openvpn under Fedora?
>> I've followed the instructions at
>> <http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=595436>
>> but they seem to have made things worse rather than better.
>>

> Did you try the fairly obvious http://www.openvpn.net/ Instructions
> there worked for me, on C4, Debian, RHL 7.3 and opensuse 10.2. I think I
> had it on Windows at one point too.

I did indeed look at this site.
Unfortunately I did not see anything that could be called a good tutorial.
I found the whole site rather muddled,

and far too full of self-praise about openvpn.

The OpenVPN Quickstart starts with a discussion
of the advantages and disadvantages of a Static Key
without ever explaining what a Static Key is.

The OpenVPN 2.0 HOWTO starts with a discussion
"whether to use a routed or bridged VPN",
again with no explanation of what the difference is.

A Fedora OpenVPN HOWTO would be very useful, I think.
I suggested to Miles Brennan that a chapter on openvpn
would make a good addition to his Linux Home Server HOWTO.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366