Re: java again really

>> >    Some of the things the page says are wrong. But it will be easy now
>> >with sim links to use the right java and jedit will work. By the way, I
>> >tried it with icedtea and it did not work at ALL!
>>
>> What is wrong with the document?
>----
>specifically, nothing, generally, you are really only plucking the low
>hanging fruit of a i386 install with emphasis on getting functional use
>of the sun java plugin running in Firefox.
>
>If someone has ambitions beyond that, your instructions are of little
>value. We have already covered this ground.
>
>Craig

We haven't covered any ground before Craig.

The document is not a step by step tutorial for the totally
uninformed.  It is a minimal set of instructions to get Sun's Java
installed on both i386 and x86_64 and to get them to work.  I don't
know what Karl's command line problem is but it does work just fine
for me.  Part of his problem was that he removed icedtea and didn't
have a clue about the alternatives program.

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...