Re: java again really

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 10:39 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Craig White wrote:

> >> Do you think this manual page will help someone who doesn't have a
> >> jpackage-style installation or compat package?  What is needed is for
> >> that to be included in the disto.  Or at least full documentation on all
> >> of the symlinks needed to construct one by hand.
> > ----
> > if this were the military, you just volunteered to do it.
>
> I'd really like to know why the jpackage project appears to have given
> up on fedora.  If the experts can't do it - or have reasons not to,
> there's not much hope for anyone else.
----
I suppose we could conjecture but it seems far more logical to just ask
them if that is the case and why.

As you surely noticed from the links provided by Rahul the other day, it
is the intent of Fedora and Red Hat to incorporate Sun's JDK into the
main packaging...that is the point of Iced-Tea

Craig

Craig