Re: F8 installation in external usb disk (not USB key)

Hello,

I managed to play with the installation and I found that
it was almost done! I don't know why it failed first time.

After telling the bios to boot from the USB device
the grub prompt appeared but with no OSes to
boot from. Then I typed the commands to boot
(kernel+initrd+boot) .... and it booted whith no
errors...

I was so happy I decided to write the sample
grub.conf (from John's paper) and afer a few
reboots I updated all the packages available...
and *all* means the kernel too!

That was a mistake (?) and the booting process
stoped not finding something I don't remember now.
And this problem also appear with the original
kernel from f8 ! (?)

I decided to check again the usb disk booting
from the f8 dvd and ... there was no linux system
to be mounted!

And finaly to be able to send you the exact messages
I decided to try to boot in another laptop and write
down the text into this message.... and all works
(both kernels) with no problems at all.... so it seems
hardware related (bad hardware o bad supported hardware).
For the record, where all the problems are shown
is a Dell Inspiron 9400 and where it seems to work
(by now) is a Dell Latitude D620.

I'll look for how well supported are the Dell computers.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
Miguel.