Re: Sata DVD drives work?

Tom Horsley wrote:
I've pretty much decided that the problems I was seeing with
my DVD drive are indeed hardware problems, so I was thinking
of upgrading to the latest and greatest multi-format wizz-bang
drive I can find, and I see all the newer dvd writers seem to
be exclusively sata interfaces these days.

Do sata dvd writers work OK in fedora?

Specifically I'm looking at the Samsung SH-S203N - anyone used
one in fedora?

Thanks for any info.

(I know, it doesn't do blu-ray and HD-DVD - I don't really
want to go that wizz-bang just yet, but the double layer
stuff might be useful sometimes :-).

Got one of those last week! Used it several times and it has worked flawlessly. I've got mine connected to an Asus A8N-E w/ nForce4 chipset. I've pretty much only used K3B for burning but have also used it with VirtualBox and an XP vm for ripping to HD for my MythTV box as the internal DVD player and even Xine sometimes seem to choke on some of the copy protection used today.

Richard