Re: The mystery of WiFi

Rick Stevens wrote:

> "service network start|restart" depends on having an "ONBOOT=yes" line
> in the ifcfg-eth0 file.  If you can type in "ifup eth0" and the card
> comes up, then you probably have "ONBOOT=no" or no line in the file.

I'm pretty sure I tried "ifup eth0" in this case,
and it didn't work.

One of the many annoying things about WiFi
is the way several programs modify ifcfg-<xyz>.
I don't mind programs like system-config-<whatever> doing this,
after all you are asking for it in such a case,
but I'd really prefer if anyone wants to alter my /etc/files
if they would ask me first, or at least tell me what they have done ...

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366