problem with nvidia driver 169.07

Hello,

After I updated the kernel to the latest version

$ rpm -qa | grep kernel
kernel-2.6.23.9-85.fc8
kernel-devel-2.6.23.9-85.fc8
kernel-headers-2.6.23.9-85.fc8

it has pulled the latest nvidia drivers from livna for my GeForce 6600 card.

$ rpm -qa | grep nvidia
kmod-nvidia-2.6.23.9-85.fc8-169.07-1.lvn8
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-169.07-4.lvn8
kmod-nvidia-169.07-1.lvn8

As I rebooted, my LCD panel went blank with the power light turning yellow, indicating that there is no video signal. Fortunately, I have dual-heal configuration, and I quickly discovered that the picture on my TV is OK. After running nvidia-settings, I was quite surprised to find out that all my videocard sees is just TV, but no LCD. If I switch to console mode, the flat panel comes alive and the picture appears on both TV and LCD. I changed the driver to nv, instead of nvidia and the picture appears on both screens without glitches. I hooked my LCD to DSUB output of my card instead of DVI, and nvidia-settings immediately found new CRT monitor, perfectly detecting the model and resolution.

Thus, latest nvidia driver does not detect the DVI output on my video adapter. Did anyone notice anything like this before? Is there something I've missed?

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running FC8 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./