Re: Installing Fedora without Gnome using the DVD

ne... wrote:
On Dec 30, 2007 1:59 PM, Michael C <sieverfrisch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering whether it's possible to select KDE to the exclusion of
Gnome in Anaconda using the Install DVD.
Not really. You will still be left with a few gnome rpms. You need to choose
the option to customize the install, go thru each and every option and un-select
all the gnome rpms. Else, you could try doing a kickstart install

ne...
Thanks. But having unwittingly installed Gnome, would I then be able to remove it with
yum groupremove "GNOME Desktop Environment"
?

Best wishes,

Michael