Re: Installing from the 3 DVD fedora 8 "Everything" re-spin

: Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
: On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:15:09 -0500, David Boles wrote:
: > The 'everything' DVD is not a re-spin. Because? There never was an
: > everything DVD release.
: [...]
: > None of the contents of the packages were changed. Only the updated
: > packages replaced the original ones on the Fedora release. That should
: > have been obvious from their page.
:
: 	 An ordinary re-spin, as I use the word -- and especially the
: thing -- enables a user to install what's current now, instead of what
: was in November, without having to do vast updating to get the current
: rpms. A custom re-spin appears generally to be so called.
:
: 	The everything DVD walks like a re-spin and quacks like a re-spin
: on my end -- and such 'abuse of language,' as the mathematicians call it,
: has been normal for as much of the history of tongues as is known or can
: be inferred from extant evidence.
:
: 	So if you want to call it an again-spin, go ahead. We'll see
: which way common usage goes.

Beartooth,

You mention "the everything DVD".  In the "Fedora 8 Everything Spin" .jigdo on
the Fedora Unity site, there are _three_ DVDs for _each of_ i386, x86_64, and
ppc.  Nine DVDs in all, plus 2 .iso images for double-layer DVDs _for each_ system
type, plus a boatload of individual CDs (something like 17) for each system type.

I downloaded the 3 DVDs for x86_64.  All of the .rpms in each of the
three .iso files were dated in November.  I deleted them so I can't
check the anything now.

Dean