Re: Firefox+flash don't load page correctly in F8 - same versions in F7 do

On Saturday 29 December 2007 00:17, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em Sex 28 Dez 2007, Nigel Henry escreveu:
> > On Friday 28 December 2007 23:01, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > > Nigel,

> > > Did the "sub-window" named "Cotações" finished loading on F8 at
> > > your computer? It's a tabbed "sub-window", like the one at the
> > > bottom of the screen, and it shows a list of stocks with their
> > > respective cotations, min. value, max. value and other info. If it
> > > did load, it's weird, because I've tested in four different F8
> > > machines, with no success. At all of them, this area only shows a
> > > little watch animation and the message "Aguarde..." (which means
> > > "Wait..."). The link to the application is:
> > > https://www.hsbcinvestimentos.com.br/ITE/app/portalinvest/painel.sh
> > >tml
> > >
> > > See here a screenshot of the application fully loaded and working
> > > on F7: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=290386
> > >
> > > The other three "sub-windows" (top, bottom and right) load and work
> > > ok both on F7 and F8. The problem is just with the area named
> > > "Cotações". I've tested with the version of Firefox supplied with
> > > F8, which I don't remember what is, and with 2.0.0.10, which is the
> > > version I have working in F7 (in several boxes). Tested F8 with
> > > icedtea and with Sun's Java plugin, and with and without
> > > nspluginwrapper installed. Tested with a new firefox profile.
> > > Tested on F8 installed with default options in a virtual machine
> > > (VMWare), with no customized configuration other then upgrading
> > > Firefox, uninstalling icedtea, installing Sun's Java, installing
> > > flash-plugin and uninstalling nspluginwrapper.
> > > Other than that, I'm out of ideas to test...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Marcelo
> >
> > Yes the sub window Cotaçoes (sorry about the missing ~) runs ok.
> > There are 3 tabs. The "DEFAULT" does nothing, but LISTA2, and Lista1
> > show updates to the stock prices, but saying that, at the moment I've
> > got the stock listing, but no updating. It was working earlier
> > though. Doh.
>
> That's ok, the market is closed now, that's why it's not being updated
> anymore. If the tabs were loaded and the stock lists too, it's working.
> But I'm really curious why it does not work here! :(
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Marcelo

Hi Marcelo. Today the site accesses ok, but no stocklists. Perhaps it's
because it's the weekend??

Out of interest does the jigsaw site that also needs Sun's Java work?
http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/daily-jigsaw

This site would not load the jigsaw with the icedtea browser plugin, but works
fine with libjavaplugin_oji.so

Todays jigsaw is "Flower Art", and I got it finished in 25M:45. If it loads,
and you want to chillout a bit, give it a go.

Which F8 are you using? I'm using i386 32bit. Are you using the same, or
perhaps x86_64.

All the best for the new year.

Nigel.