Re: Epson Stylus CX8400 -- 3 in I ??

On Dec 26, 2007 11:10 AM, William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have an opportunity to buy a brand new Epson Stylus CX8400.  I have
> checked LinuxPrinting.org.  The status given there is "mostly".  The
> negative comments seem to apply to distributions other than Fedora.
>
> So -- has anybody on this list had a bad experience installing drivers
> and setting up the Epson Stylus CX8400 printer on Fedora 8 ?  Do you
> know of any 'gotchas'?
> --
I don't know anything about the CX8400 except that there is a foomatic
printer driver available for it in F8.  I have a CX4400 for which
there is NOT a driver, and it essentially doesn't work.

I don't know if there is a scanner driver; you might want to look at
http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_spc.html
to see if iscan supports it..  It appears from
http://www.mepislovers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11666 that it does.

I can't currently reach the avasys site.  If it is supported, it is
usually easy to install iscan and get your scanner recognized using
scanimage -L and sane-find-scanner as tools for troubleshooting.
There are many scanner troubleshooting posts available.

Gerry