Re: 32- versus 64-bit fedora on an AMD 64 mobile athlon?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  moving on, i have a roomful of gateway MX7120 laptops (with AMD
64-bit mobile athlon CPU) that i use for linux training and, until
now, i've just wimped out and installed the 32-bit version of fedora
on them for my clients, and that works just fine.

  but i figure, why waste all that 64-bit computing power, so is there
any compelling reason to *not* upgrade them all to fedora x86_64 for
those courses?  that is, are there any real show-stoppers when it
comes to fedora x86_64 that would make that version unusable?
thanks.

Aside from firefox plugins (which aren't much trouble), I've found everything to be completely smooth. I prefer 64-bit for anything with more than 896 MB of RAM, just so I don't have to worry about the archaic lowmem/highmem break.

	-- Chris