Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

On Thursday 27 December 2007, Tim wrote:
>On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 07:29 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I just tried it again, still dead.  Ping has been sitting here for
>> about half an hour:
>> [root@coyote linux-2.6.24-rc6]# ping crashcourse.ca
>> PING crashcourse.ca (64.235.106.9) 56(84) bytes of data.
>
>The "site" works here, too, but it's not pingable.  Responding to pings
>is an entirely different networking issue, and isn't really usable as a
>diagnostic tool for whether a webserver is serving.
>
>Try a different browser, just in case Firefox (or whatever else) has got
>it into its head that the site can't be reached, and it just isn't going
>to try again.  Been there, done that, but don't have the tee shirt...

I probably have one around here someplace...  I don't think I own one that
doesn't have somebodies logo on it.

But now the f8 dvd isn't auto mounting since I converted FC6 to all libata
access.  And it appears that haldaemon isn't generating the device in udev
for it.

Got that fixed, now its pulling a new 'template' file, but hasn't asked me
where to put it yet.  And I have to leave so I assume it will ask, then wait
till I get back.

And I'm back, and it didn't wait, its writing an .iso.tmp in the directory I
was cd'd to.  If its going to do that, should that not also be noted in the
wiki page that one should be cd'd to the target location before starting
jigdo-lite, or did I miss that little detail?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)