Re: windows and linux

On Wednesday 26 December 2007, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
>Dear list
>any one can help me to find an information about statistics about the
>linux and windows presence on PC. I heard that 98% of PC contain windows!!!
>is it true please?
>regards
>Adel

Around this camp, its only 20%.  Of the 5 machines available, 4 were from
scratch builds that have never seen a windows install disk, and my lappy's
remaining 25GB XP partition hasn't been blown away yet, but probably will be
by F9.  It hasn't been booted to XP in quite a few months.

If you are looking for confirmation of that 98% figure, these linux related
mailing lists are a very very poor resource.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)