Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  for the first time, i'd like to download the fedora 8 x86_64 re-spin
and, to be frank, there's not a single web page i've found that tells
me how to use jigdo to do it.

  i've perused the tutorials and HOWTOs at fedoraunity.org and
followed links, and i'm now fairly conversant on the rationale behind
re-spins and why jigdo was developed and a whole lot of other stuff
but i've yet to find a single page that says, "oh, you want a re-spin?
follow these steps."
My problem was the man page tells you what console-perms is and who wrote it but nothing about how to use it. I looked around and found by accident how to use it.

So I tried to join the Fedora Documentation group and found the documentation on how to do this, and a flacky old computer at MIT made this a 2 week effort. Since I started trying to join the people in the group are trying to make it easier to do so.

When I learn to use their wiki pages I will write down how to use console-perms in plain simple English. It takes a lot longer than I thought.

Karl

  seriously, this is what i think has been a fundamental failing of a
lot of online fedora documentation -- the notion of a simple "recipe":
do these things, and you will get what you want.  instead, there's
typically a great deal of philosophical substantiation, while the poor
reader is just sitting there, thinking, "well, yeah, but i just want
to *do* something, so how do i *do* it?"  (it's sort of like, when i
ask someone for the time, i want them to tell me the time, i don't
need to be told how to build a watch.)

  so, really, when i decided to grab a re-spin, i figured to invest a
minute or two googling, find the command, and run it.  i'm still
looking.  why is it typically this time-consuming?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca