Re: Jigzone

On Monday 24 December 2007 02:04, Robert Locke wrote:
> Getting ready to switch the wife over to Fedora, but there is one online
> app that my be a deal breaker.
>
> I am trying to run jigzone.com Jigsaw puzzles on F8 (all updated).
> Tried on two machines.  One has just IcedTea while the other has both
> IcedTea and Sun JRE 1.6.  Both machines play the pretty bubble test the
> jigzone.com site suggests, but fail to play the puzzles.
>
> Has anyone else been able to get this going or have any suggestions?
>
> --Rob

Hi Robert. I don't think there's anything wrong with the site. I tried it with
my FC2 install, which has Sun's jre_1_5_0_06 (needs upgrading), and with
Firefox 2.0.0.9. I'm on dialup, couldn't initially find the "bubbles" test,
so tried the "Ho Ho Ho" puzzle of the day. It did take a while to load
(possibly because of dialup bandwidth), but the jigsaw, though quite
difficult worked fine.

I'll try it on F8 (which has icedtea), and on F7, where I installed Sun's JRE
recently (jre-1.6...?)

Nigel.