FC6 to FC7 upgrade via yum

I did an upgrade from FC6 to FC7 via yum. The upgrade crashed while in the "cleanup" phase. The download and package install went fine. I suspect the failure to run a full cleanup is causing some issues.

In general, all things appear okay, however, I have 2 issues.

On reboot, udev spews tons of warning messages.

I see that I have two versions installed:

Installed Packages
udev.i386          095-17.fc6            installed
udev.i386          116-3.fc7             installed

I assume this is an issue and needs to be resolved.

I attempted to yum remove udev, in hopes to reinstall, however, yum wants me to remove 995 other packages :-(, clearly not an optimal solution.

Any ideas on how I can clean up udev?

Also, when I do rpm -qa | grep '.fc6', i'm getting many packages attached to fc6. How best can I clean these up?

Is there any means to run the "cleanup" after the fact?

Thanks for any help.

Jim