top -b -n 1

Hi,

I am just creating a very simple system performance monitoring script. I am parsing the output of the following command and writes it to a text file:

top -b -n 1 | egrep '^Cpu'

I run "top" as normal in the shell during the execution, but that one is oscilating a lot. However, the "top -b -n 1" just changes very slowly. It feels like the top -b gives some sort of "average" value to the values.

If so , how can I set it to have shorter "average" rate?

/Peter