Re: Fedora Core 6 No More

Hi,

2007/12/21, Rahul Tidke <rahul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>  1) Shall I continue using this version or shall I upgrade to Fedora 8??
>  2) What actually end of life means??
>  3) Can I apply (kernel/software) updates after end of life?
>  4) Is there any security threat?

we had to servers running FC6 that I recently updated to F8 (by
installing the new release RPM and running yum update).

There were no major problems. The machine running the nameserver ran
into the config change someone else mentioned but that was a quick
thing to fix. The other machine didn't want to sent the logwatch mails
to the right address at first - also nothing major. We had a typo3
installation that needed a few updates in contributed modules due to
the newer php version. Something you are likely to do is running
restorecon if you have SELinux enabled as there seem to be some
changes there as well.

All in all, it was really no big problem, about the same as upgrading
from one stable debian to the next.

Niels