Re: Fedora Core 6 No More

IMHO Fedora 8 is still too new and untested to be used in production environments.  There are still
a lot of bugs to iron out. So my suggestion is that you upgrade to Fedora 7 and run that  until that
gets end of lifed, then you upgrade to 8 and so on.

Just continue using FC6 will put a strong burden on you, doing all the security related patchin yourself.
Another option would be to switch to CentOS. Then you still have the Red Hat feel, but each release
is supported over a longer period of time.